This is a fantastic opportunity to join an instantly recognisable Global FS group that offers a flexible working environment. The candidate will be a member of Group Tax, specifically reporting to the Head Tax EMEA . They will work closely with EMEA colleagues, Group Tax Operations, the Transfer Pricing team, business unit Finance teams, and other colleagues across the group.
- Engaged on all UK VAT services including advice, policies, planning, training and strategies and provide ad-hoc support where required on other Indirect Tax projects.
- Ensure work is organised and undertaken effectively and efficiently, working with the Bratislava based operations team responsible for VAT and direct tax compliance in EMEA
- Support EMEA team with responsibility for select carriers constituting:
- Management of corporate income tax work and tax audits
- Tax advice to the business
- Identify and implement indirect tax optimisation opportunities
- Assess new UK VAT legislation and case law for applicability and communicate changes and related potential impacts colleagues in multiple functions
- Communicate key indirect and direct tax issues clearly and concisely to non-tax specialists
- Ensure compliance procedures are efficient and appropriate to meet the Group's requirements, especially within the UK
- Manage VAT impacts for international business development, and provide advice on large transactions, strategic projects, and aspects of intercompany and 3rd party contracts, under appropriate review
- Support UK VAT audits and investigations by tax authorities
- Act as first point of contact and lead query resolution for UK VAT
- At least 5 years work experience of relevant tax advisory and compliance in advisory practice or within the tax team of a global financial services company
- Tax or accounting qualified
- Self-starter Experienced in indirect tax compliance and advisory
- Appetite to take on new challenges
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.