This role is for a member of the Indirect tax team supporting the activities of Trading business of a well-known Global group. The role necessitates working with a broad network of multidisciplinary experts across the group to understand the business transactions with a view to providing commercially informative tax advice whilst partnering with the global bp tax team to enable value delivery.
- Provide timely, accurate indirect tax support to the business
- Support the tax team in the identification, design, development and implementation of tax planning opportunities
- Seek advice from tax service providers or the global tax network in the countries operating either currently or will be in the future
- Support tax team with the successful operation of the Indirect Tax Compliance Framework
- Track and performance manage indirect tax risks
- Timely submission of a number of the VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List returns, in collaboration with the current third-party outsourced service provider
- Build and maintain relationships within the function as well as the building partnerships across other functions
- Support and drive modernisation of tax processes in line with the group Tax Strategy
- ACA/ATII/CTA/HMRC (FT) or equivalent
- Solid understanding and application of principles of indirect tax issues; particularly in the cross-border movement of goods in an EU supply chain;
- Strong experience in delivering compliance activities in the UK and the EU, particularly relating to cross-border transactions and the relevant statutory filing obligations
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.