Fantastic opportunity to work for a well known global group with offices across five continents. They operate some of the most well-known and iconic brands in the industry with more than 250 years of combined history.
You'll be working closely with people from across the business and around the world - from accountants to lawyers to retail specialists, product specialists and technology experts in the UK, Gibraltar, Malta, India and elsewhere - to understand and advise on the indirect tax implications of operations and future plans. You'll be reporting to the Head of Indirect Tax, as part of a team of six indirect tax specialists, within a broader tax team of more than 15 people.
- Prepare VAT returns for a variety of jurisdictions in collaboration with finance and tax colleagues and help the business comply with its international indirect tax obligations.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline and create more scalable indirect tax return processes to improve the efficiency of the indirect tax team and to comply with data handling, retention and filing obligations.
- Support members of the tax team with projects which require indirect tax expertise, such as M&A activity, corporate restructuring, tax litigation, tax analysis of new products and addressing the tax consequences of entry into new markets to ensure compliance and optimum outcomes
- Stay up-to-date with international developments in indirect taxes, such as the introduction of new taxes, changes to existing legislation and case law developments, in order to identify and respond to risks and opportunities.
- VAT or other indirect tax compliance (preparation return) experience
- Familiarity working directly with ERP systems (preferably Oracle Cloud/Fusion)
- Part-qualified or working towards a recognised tax or accounting qualification (e.g. ATT, CTA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.