An opportunity has arisen for a reputable well know manufacturing group based in Surrey. The role would suit someone who is a VAT professional but wants to be involved in a broader role that encompasses corporate tax. Overall this role is to optimise the UK group tax position whilst ensuring faultless compliance, a focus on efficiency and process improvement, and alignment with the overall Group tax strategy
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the Senior Group Tax Manager to provide UK tax advice to the business (covering VAT, Corporate Tax and Employment Taxes), undertaking detailed technical analysis, and managing input from external advisors and other team members as required.
- Manage the UK compliance and reporting activity for VAT and corporate tax, with support from the business unit finance teams. Proactively identify and implement process and technology enhancements.
- Assist with wider UK tax governance and control activities, and play a key role in managing the relationship with HMRC.
- Support other global tax reporting, governance, technology and transformation projects.
- The role requires a self-starter, with a strong grasp of UK tax principles in indirect tax and the aptitude to quickly develop skills and expertise in the other relevant aspects of UK tax.
- An enthusiasm for new challenges and opportunities is key. There will be a significant degree of change, both internal (due to an ongoing transformation program across the organisation) and external, so the successful candidate will need to be agile and adaptable, and able to build strong relationships and work collaboratively.
- 2 years PQE or at least 3 years' experience in a tax role
- Ability to interpret and analyse UK tax legislation
- High degree of numeracy
- IT literate in Excel and Word
- Project management skills
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.