A global, research-driven pharmaceutical company, striving to improve and protect both human and animal health are looking to bolster their tax team after seeing significant growth in certain areas of the business. The company operates globally with 181 affiliates and some 50,000 employees.
The group tax function is based in their Berkshire offices sitting closely with a team of 40 finance staff. There is currently 4 in the group tax function which includes a Tax Manager, 2 tax accountants and a tax administrator. The ideal candidate will be focusing on a broad range of VAT related matters whilst analysing a variety of tax accounting and finance reports for UK & Ireland.
- Prepare, review and submit VAT returns, intrastat and EC sales for UK and Ireland.
- Support the completion of statutory UK and Ireland accounts, accounts under German GAAP including audit processes.
- Support in the preparation of the annual and quarterly PPRS return submissions and payments to the Department of Health.
- Monthly and quarterly review of financial statements.
- Interact with various stakeholder queries i.e HMRC, auditors, legal and external advisers.
The ideal candidate will be part-qualified accountant or AAT qualified with an understanding of VAT and general tax accounting. Experience in preparing annual and quarterly PPRS returns is desirable.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a step in work, where you have the opportunity to manage your own portfolio, grow and develop in the role. Interact with various corporate divisions across the wider business. If you are interested and meet the required skill set, please contact Simon Riva on 0207 3322 138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.