This role provides key support to the Head of Tax to ensure the group meets its global tax compliance requirements, which includes corporation tax, indirect tax, customs and duty and payroll taxes. This broad role is also responsible for advising the business on the implications of change initiatives on tax.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide hands on support for indirect tax compliance in the UK and internationally, including filing of accurate returns in all relevant jurisdictions and timely registration in new markets.
- Working alongside local advisors, provide hands on support for global corporation tax returns filings in 8 jurisdictions.
- Conduct detailed capital allowance analysis on our UK store shopfitting program.
- Liaise with our in-house IT development team and professional advisors to support the preparation of the R&D tax credit claim.
- Support the implementation of the groups transfer pricing policy, ensuring appropriate group and local country documentation is in place.
- Provide advice to the business on the implications of key transactions, change initiatives and expansion decisions of the Group.
- Readiness preparations for the Senior Accounting Officer regime and then ongoing compliance and certification.
- Support the preparation of year-end group tax provisioning and disclosures and be a key contact for the audit of these.
- Support the budget and forecasting processes from a cash tax and effective tax rate perspective.
- Support the payroll team with the preparation of the PSA and compliance with IR35 legislation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in tax legislation, communicate these with key stakeholders and ensure systems and processes are updated accordingly.
- Maximise the value that our professional services network provides to the Group.
- Liaise with HMRC and assist with the response to any HMRC or local tax authority enquiries.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the tax function for the group and raising of the profile of tax across the business.
- Day to day management and development of the Group Tax Assistant Accountant.
Who we're looking for:
- Professionally qualified in tax or accountancy
- Some PQE in a commercial environment.
- Commercially aware and able to build relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Strong project management skills.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod or Kyle Linzell at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.