Our Client is a mid sized er practice in the heart of the West End. A well-established business with over 120 staff they have been around for nearly a hundred years
They advise clients across whole range of OMB's. The typical corporate clients being in the £5 million to £20 million turnover range (although there are clients outside this range at both ends). Our client are also advisors to an enviable list of very high profile and well-known names from both a corporate and HNW perspective.
As a business our client is a member of an Intercontinental Grouping of Accountants and Lawyers. This provides multiple benefits to the client base including access to accounting, tax and legal specialists around the world.
From a cultural perspective the firm is a very friendly practice with many of the staff having been with the business for many years with the aim for a continuity of staff to provide ongoing quality advice to the very loyal client base. The firm has very much a family feel and it is important for a potential new hire to fit into this family. It is important that the incoming senior tax advisor has a can-do outlook and is willing to get their hands dirty and be able to get involved where required. It is anticipated that there will be a fairly significant amount of corporate tax compliance and it is important to service this work as well as getting involved in advisory/structural work.
Whilst it would be good to get someone who is able to progress and have a good track record of bringing in work - this is not the main pre-requisite. What is needed is someone who is able to come in and lessen the workload on the existing corporate tax partner/team and hit the ground running, have the confidence of the existing team that they are able to complete the work and offer technical support to the team on complex matters. It is not envisaged that there will be departmental managerial responsibilities but the ability to review work and help to supervise and develop staff is important.
- Assist general partners with corporate tax advice and compliance of some of the firm's most complex corporate tax clients
- Work with partners and directors on ad hoc consultancy projects and general queries.
- Work with the corporate tax manager group, as required, to ensure high-quality compliance is delivered on time.
- Provide technical support to the team in relation to complex matters (including review of work where needed).
- Assist with communication of latest developments to the partner group and Corporate Tax Team, as appropriate
Examples of tax areas where expertise preferred
- Share transactions - sale, purchase of own shares, restructuring, share for share exchange, substantial shareholdings exemption.
- Work on SPA's eg, corporate tax due diligence, warranty review etc.
- Loan relationship matters - including restructuring and write offs
- Stamp duty - shares including applications for relevant reliefs (group and acquisition relief) - and SDLT if possible.
- Overseas matters - eg, certificates of residency, DTR/withholding tax queries and treaty clearances, migration issues, corporate residency queries, existence of permanent establishments etc.
- Capital allowances (esp re Super Deduction)
- R & D
- Transfer pricing
- Corporate interest restriction and Thin cap
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.