This is an exciting and challenging new role for a well-known FTSE 50 group. Managing a team of 8 this role will oversee the delivery of all VAT/Intrastat/ECSL and CCL filing obligations of the businesses in the UK and across Europe. The UK & Europe Team Lead is the primary point of contact for group compliance service providers who prepare the returns for approval each month.
- Accountable for the timely submission of the VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List and Climate Change levy returns for all UK and Europe registrations;
- Accountable for the timely instructions for payment of any tax liabilities due to fiscal authorities;
- Accountable for responding to audit queries raised by fiscal authorities.
- Accountable for performing root cause analysis relating to issues, errors and disputes.
- Accountable for delivery of the monthly VAT GL Account reconciliation report to the Group Finance organisation;
- Accountable for the delivery of communications and training to the Operators and Settlements teams relating to tax code error corrections and invoice errors;
- To act as the single point of contact with GBS and third parties for all tactical and strategic matters relating to the preparation and filing of the Indirect Tax returns each month e.g. agreement of monthly compliance calendar and on-boarding new registrations.
- To work closely with stakeholders to ensure that best practice in Indirect Tax compliance is understood and properly considered in all process changes;
- Requires extensive experience of UK and EU indirect tax compliance processes and technology; with experience in the commodity markets highly beneficial.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Indirect Tax rules across multiple EU countries and, in particular, a strong understanding of how the rules apply to chain transactions for cross border supplies of goods and services.
- Requires a proven track record of supporting ERP systems, including tax coding activities.
- Requires a firm understanding of tax accounting principles, as related to GL reconciliations and clearing;
- Requires a strong understanding of risk and appropriate tax control activities.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.