Fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 50 global group operating both online and in the retail sector. With offices across five continents, they operate some of the most well-known and iconic brands in the industry. You'll be working closely with people from across the business and around the world - from accountants to lawyers to retail specialists, product specialists and technology experts in the UK, Gibraltar, Malta, India and further afield - to understand and advise on the indirect tax implications of the group's operations and future plans. You'll be reporting to the Head of Indirect Tax, as part of a team of five indirect tax specialists, within a broader tax team of more than 15 people.
- Supervise the work of Indirect Tax Advisers and Managers and other junior members of staff both in the wider tax team and broader finance function.
- Work closely with other members of the broader tax team on a range of special projects which require international indirect tax expertise, such as M&A, corporate restructuring, dispute resolution, new products and the indirect tax consequences of entry into new markets.
- Review and sign-off VAT, GST for a variety of jurisdictions prepared by Indirect Tax Advisers and Managers and other finance colleagues, to ensure quality control, reduce the risk of incorrect filings, and help the business comply with its tax obligations.
- Support the professional development of junior members of staff, including delivering formal technical training, providing mentoring, and tutoring and coaching members of staff undertaking professional qualifications such as the CTA.
- Manage relationships with external advisers around the world, such as Big 4 accounting firms and law firms, to ensure the business obtains relevant and useful advice.
- Provide specialist input to governance and risk management processes (such as Senior Accounting Officer in the UK) and tax authority audits.
- Stay up-to-date with international developments in indirect taxes, such as the introduction of new taxes, changes to existing legislation and case law developments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with tax authorities, tax peers and advisers, including representing the business at meetings with tax authorities, industry forums and trade bodies.
Specialist skills and experience
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) member
- 5+ years PQE gained in a Top 10 accountancy practice and/or Multinational Enterprise
- Excellent VAT/GST technical knowledge, including proven experience of Partial exemption
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.