This new role, based in London, will report to the Indirect Tax Manager, EMEA. The role will support the Indirect Tax Manager on a wide range of indirect tax matters across the EMEA region.
- Preparation or review of the EMEA VAT returns, ECSLs and annual adjustments;
- Contribute to improvement of effective and efficient indirect tax processes and controls and maintaining relevant documentation;
- Providing support to finance in relation to indirect tax matters including accounts payable, fees and local finance teams;
- Review of monthly VAT balance sheet reconciliations, journals and maintaining relevant provisioning;
- Providing support to the forecasting teams in relation to VAT expense;
- Maintain VAT compliance/general ledger software for changes in business, legislation and recovery methodologies;
- Providing indirect tax support to the Indirect Tax Manager and Head of Tax, EMEA on transactions, projects and business led initiatives;
- Advising on the VAT liability of new products and intercompany services;
- Maintain relationships and coordinate with external advisers; and
- Preparation and delivery of VAT training to team members in Manila and wider business areas.
Knowledge / Skills
- Several years of relevant professional experience in UK or EU VAT compliance, either in industry or professional services organisation;
- Financial services experience would be an advantage but not essential;
- Knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable and VAT reporting solutions (experience of GITC would be an advantage but not essential);
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.