Brewer Morris are seeking to appoint a Regional Business Controller for our multinational client who are based in Dubai. Reporting to the Group CFO this role will form part of the finance leadership team and will play a key role in rebuilding the financial organisation from the ground up. The successful candidate will take a lead role in implementing scalable financial systems, developing financial and operational strategies and leading all financial-related activities for the Group.
- Support the CFO in developing the strategy by providing recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Manage the financial control framework with responsibility for all financial information provided internally and externally.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Manage the collective achievement of the finance departmental objectives through the leadership of the finance department - setting individual objectives, recruiting qualified staff, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal
- Lead the finance project activity working closely with key stakeholders to track progress on key milestones of the required projects, identifying and co-ordinating any key dependencies with the stakeholders.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Implement operational best practices
- Ensure financial legal compliance.
- Finance related degree from a leading University and/or MBA
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA) with significant post qualification experience in both technical and operational finance roles.
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years finance leadership experience in the corporate private sector in a range of senior finance positions with exposure to large-scale project-based activities.
- Ability to think strategically but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Outstanding commercial and strategic awareness and acumen with proven leadership capability, inspiring teams and building strong internal and external business relationships
- Proficiency in business process leadership; being able to drive project plans from planning process, implementation and communication
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.