Operating in 35 countries worldwide at over 600 sites, this group has an extensive portfolio of more than 500 international and local household name brands. Listed in the upper reaches of the FTSE250 this Group is in a very strong position for a successful 2021 and beyond.
As Employment Tax Senior Manager you will provide specialist knowledge to the business on a variety of UK and international employment tax matters working with both the Group Head of Reward and Group Head of Tax as part of a small commercially exposed team. This varied role suits someone who is both a strong advisor with a hands on attitude. A great opportunity to have a real impact in the commercial aspects of the employment tax and reward strategy as this group continues to grow.
International Employment Tax Advice
- Supporting international businesses and HQ on specific expatriate employment tax issues, liaising with external advisors where necessary
- Keep abreast of legislative developments, update the business on relevant impact or recommended actions.
- Support the reward team and local HR teams in the day-to-day management of reward arrangements for internationally mobile employees.
- Work closely with the Group Finance, Tax and Legal teams to ensure appropriate agreements and recharges are in place to cover internationally mobile employees and ensure any "economic employer" risks are managed.
- Work with Group Tax and HR to identify and manage any permanent establishment risk
UK Employment Tax Advice and Compliance
- Provide timely commercial advice across all aspects of UK employment tax and company policy guidance to all functions of the business, including local HR, payroll and reward teams.
- Review and develop strong processes to support the annual SAO certification.
- Act as a central point of contact for HMRC to discuss UK employment tax issues impacting our UK businesses.
- Monitor and review UK tracking and reporting obligations in relation to short term business visitors and providing tax guidance on all aspects of employee expenses to ensure compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Responsible for delivering STBV filings and overseeing the UK employment tax compliance cycle, working with payroll and external advisors on the timely and accurate delivery of P11Ds and PSA returns.
- Review the employee share plan communications to ensure technical accuracy from an employment tax perspective and ensuring language used is simple and understandable to participants.
- Working with external advisers to complete the necessary expatriate tax requirements for share schemes.
- Working with local finance and legal teams to ensure the submission of accurate information for the Company's Share
- Incentive Plan and executive share plans where reporting disclosures are required.
- 10-15 years experience
- CTA or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Experience in managing external tax specialists
- In-house experience desirable
- Hands on approach
- 3 day week role
- Competitive base salary
- Pension and other benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- High impact commercially exposed role
Please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Brewer Morris for more information
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.