This is a newly created role within an expanding tax team in the European head office located in central London. We are looking for an Indirect Tax Compliance Manager to help the group indirect tax compliance function in Europe. You will work with our Indirect Tax Lead and European accounting and finance teams to handle the monthly compliance process and ensure Group remains compliant in the countries it is registered in, currently nine countries and growing. You should possess strong EU VAT knowledge and should be a self-starter, who can balance multiple priorities.
- Take overall responsibility for the day-to-day indirect tax compliance; preparation and submission of VAT, EC Sales Listing and Intrastat returns for all European locations, where registered. Will require working with internal resources and outside service providers in certain countries
- Review and assess processes and controls around customer order entry and billings and vendor invoices to ensure VAT is applied correctly based on product, legal entity, country and other applicable VAT rules for all respective EU countries
- Add value which produces P&L (and cash flow) benefits by eliminating irrecoverable VAT and recovering overpaid VAT
- Review internal controls and processes and ensure that the correct net amount of VAT is payable
- Liaise with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams to address issues identified during compliance process (e.g. incorrect invoice postings)
- Monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet VAT accounts
- Respond to questions from EU business and finance teams regarding appropriate VAT treatment
- Drive continuous improvements in the Indirect Tax return compliance process, through optimising systems data and building streamlined processes
- Respond to enquiries from tax authorities as needed
Key Skills and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years' experience in VAT. Experience from the telecoms industry would be an advantage
- Advanced skills in MS office suite of applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Google applications including Gmail, Google Sheets and Google Docs
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.