£50000 - £55000 per annum
4 months ago
The UK Tax team of a well-recognised retailer is looking for a confident and methodical individual to join their vibrant team, and to join a fast growing UK retail business.
The Tax Function currently consist of 6 tax professionals and you will be reporting to the Head Of Tax and Senior Financial Management. Half of the team concentrate on indirect taxes and the other half concentrate on direct taxes. You will be a fundamental part of team and responsible for cross-examination of accounts, quarterly payments calculations, management of ad hoc projects and much more. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Oversight of VAT compliance for multiple companies comprising:
- Preparation of supporting working papers.
- Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
- Assembly of data into tax returns
- Quarterly payments calculations
- As hoc consulting and advisory projects
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
What will you need?
- Part qualified or qualified accountant or tax equivalent
- Software skills (excel; word; PowerPoint)
- Efficient ability to interrogate accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
- Experience working in industry (or similar role elsewhere)
- Excellent interpersonal and confident communication skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
- An excellent communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organisational abilities
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.