The Indirect Tax Advisor (VAT) will provide UK and international indirect tax advice, partnering with the businesses, in respect of both advisory and VAT compliance requirements. The role will involve providing a range of indirect tax advice and where necessary it will involve integrating the direct and indirect specialisms, coordinating advice from non-UK tax teams and/or 3rd party advisors. It includes working with colleagues in both the UK and overseas teams, to ensure both relevant UK and overseas compliance obligations are met and the quarterly tax reporting process for the businesses are effectively carried out in accordance with Group policy. In addition, as part of the team's activities, the advisor will also ensure that the appropriate controls are in place and are monitored in respect of key process areas that impact upon the level of compliance along the supply chain.
- The role requires an understanding of the businesses and the related risks, along with the relevant tax issues, as well as good inter-personal skills to communicate effectively with the businesses
- The Indirect Tax Advisor will manage his/her own core portfolio on a day to day basis providing support to the Assistant Tax Director, to enable the delivery of the team's overall priorities whilst addressing the key risk areas
- The role requires the ability to work in large teams, the business and the functions and involves supporting colleagues to foster effective team working through the sharing of knowledge, the integration of diverse perspectives and encouraging a speak-up culture
- Maintain key relationships with key business stakeholders, as well as within the functions such as Finance and Legal.
- Apply strong project management techniques to deliver projects within agreed timeframes and coordinate with other Tax advisors globally to ensure both project plans and important knowledge about business plans are shared and related global tax risks are adequately understood and addressed
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.