We're looking for a Head of Tax to lead an expanding International tax team of 5. This role is responsible for compliance with all taxes globally (indirect tax, customs and duty, corporation tax, and payroll taxes), leading the business in meeting it's SEO and CCO responsibilities, and will play a key role in advising the business through continued expansion and change.
- Ownership and communication of the Tax Strategy of the group and management of the tax risk globally.
- Accountable for indirect tax compliance in the UK and internationally, including filing of accurate returns in all relevant jurisdictions.
- Accountable for customs and duty compliance in the UK and internationally, including valuation and adherence with AEO accreditation requirements.
- Accountable for corporation tax compliance, including R&D tax credit and maximising capital allowances.
- Implementation of the groups transfer pricing policy, ensuring appropriate group and local country documentation is in place.
- Provide advice to the business on the implications of key transactions, change initiatives and expansion decisions of the Group.
- Responsible for readiness preparations for the Senior Accounting Officer regime and then ongoing compliance and certification.
- Accountable for the preparation of year-end group tax provisioning and disclosures and the audit of these.
- Accountable for the forecasting of tax payments.
- Support the payroll team with the preparation of the PSA and compliance with IR35 legislation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in tax legislation, communicate these with key stakeholders and ensure systems and processes are updated accordingly.
- Maximise the value that our professional services network provides to the Group.
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and lead the response to any HMRC or local tax authority enquiries.
- Ad hoc reporting to the board.
- Establish and develop the tax function including leading and managing a team of 5 and raising the profile of tax across the business.
- As part of the Finance Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the operating plan for the department, to team updates, and leadership and motivation of the wider team.
- Professionally qualified in tax or accountancy (ACA and/or CTA).
- International customs and duties experience
- Retail or Supply Chain background preferred
- Enjoys process improvements
- Is great at leading teams and building relationships
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.