Accountabilities of the job
1. Define Treasury policy and lead all treasury activities across the Group:
- Manage short, medium and long-term funding requirement of Group
- Oversee cash forecasting and reporting
- Interest rate management
- Foreign Exchange policy & risk management
- Management of Letters of Credit, guarantees, surety bonds
- Bank account strategy, optimisation and administration
2. Lead process to ensure compliance with external funding covenants and legal
- Understand covenant compliance requirements across the facilities
- Define and implement processes for collection of financial and non-financial data
- across relevant businesses
- Preparation of forecast covenant calculations ahead of deadlines and critical
- analysis of factors to optimise compliance
- Manage audit / due diligence process undertaken by banks and provision of
- appropriate information.
3. Develop strategic relationships with key banks and other providers of finance in key
4. Responsible for providing a monthly Group Treasury Report covering all aspects of
financing and cash management to the Board.
5. Management of Group Treasury Accountant and responsibility for all Treasury function
deliverables (securitisation reporting, 13-week cash flow forecasts, intra-group loan
agreements, group cash receipts and payments, internal monthly treasury reports).
6. Manage intercompany funding and liquidity of individual business within the Group.
7. Provide expertise and advice to individual business units.
8. Day to day management of cash balances, minimising idle cash, deploying cash as
required by the businesses and optimising returns on surplus cash balances.
9. Link to Group Treasury function / network.
10. To provide project support to the Board on a diverse range of themes including M&A
activities, financing and cash management initiatives as appropriate.
11. Involvement in the ongoing accounting / reporting activities of group finance team and
Company Secretarial and Compliance activities.
Skills and Experience Required
Level of education & Experience in general
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA) and AMCT or MCT treasury qualification
- 10 years' experience in professional services and/or corporate treasury
- Experience in multinational business environment
- Extensive background in Treasury / Treasury management skills
- Planning and strategy to align Treasury with business strategy
- Experience of management of financial covenants
- Management of securitisation facility
- Business insight to identify key issues in complex scenarios
- Ability to constructively challenge and adapt existing practices
- Excellent communication & presentation skill
- Highly numerate with attention to detail
- Responsibility for Standards and Compliance
- Determined and resilient, with persistent focus on execution
- Flexibility to meet different characteristics and requirements of individual businesses
- Team player and accountable
- Provides timely and objective advice to businesses and Board
- Open and honest
- Develops high level of trust with finance colleagues, Board and CEOs / COOs
- Capable of dealing with many competing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight, unpredictable deadlines
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.