This is an exciting role to join one of the World's largest organisation. As the analyst you will be providing advice on Customs & Excise implications of the importation, exportation, processing, and cross-border movement of commodities into, and within, Europe (including excisable products). Alongside advisory responsibilities, you will also be responsible for delivery of continuous improvement and trade compliance initiatives in the supply chain risk management sphere.
- Partnering with the various commodity benches, providing timely advice on implications of, and obligations associated with, the movement of product across Europe.
- Apply strong project management techniques to deliver projects sought at adapt business operations to Brexit, UCC and other customs regulatory changes, managing risk during new-country-entries and growth of existing business models.
- Support the team in the successful operation of the Indirect Tax Compliance Framework policy
- Supervising and performing risk management processes to manage key indirect tax risks in support of our Compliance Framework.
- Maintain close integration with Tax team with a view to deliver value through the design and delivery of simplified processes to ensure C&E compliance and maximisation of tax benefits to the group.
- Maintain key relationships with stakeholders of a fast paced and dynamic business with an eye on rapid growth, including marketing & origination teams, commodity heads, traders, and operators.
- Support the C&E Senior Tax Manager to foster agile collaboration & knowledge sharing, integrating diverse perspectives and encouraging a speak-up culture across the C&E team and wider Tax function.
- Requires specialist knowledge of the Customs implications of the importation, exportation, processing, and cross-border movement of commodities across Europe.
- Understanding of BREXIT implications on EU-UK trade and familiarity with TCA rules.
- Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Good eye for business, ability to prioritise and apply critical thinking to multiple business scenarios.
- Ability to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team, coupled with the ability to build and maintain networks within and outside bp.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.