This is a role with one of the world's leading asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services, with over $9 trillion in assets under management. Active in the UK for over 50 years this group operates globally with 70 offices in 30 countries and clients in 100. Their clients include Individuals, financial advisors, educational and nonprofit organizations, pension plans, insurance companies and Governments.
Based in Edinburgh you'll sit within the EMEA Corporate Tax team, in group tax. In this role you will have a wide remit, including strategic tax projects such as M&A. Also business operational and advisory support to the US tax team internal business operations, and tax audit defense and controversy management, along with the ownership of relationships with tax authorities across EMEA.
The role will formally report to, and work closely with, the Vice President of EMEA Corporate Tax team based in Edinburgh. This role presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a high quality, high performing in-house corporate tax function with significant exposure to complex tax compliance and reporting work, gaining valuable experience
- Assist with strategic tax projects and other corporate tax-related projects and advisory work, where required.
- Ensuring timely and accurate review of data for CT returns allocated to the individual, as provided by third party tax advisors to prepare returns for submissions
- Preparation of supporting computations for UK CIT returns, such as for the CFCs, and Corporate Interest Restrictions rules
- Ensuring timely payment of all EMEA corporate tax liabilities with assistance and advice from external tax advisors
- Initial preparation of monthly US GAAP Tax provisions for EMEA entities and associated reporting
- Reconciliation of monthly US GAAP Tax balance sheet accounts for EMEA entities
- Preparation of annual statutory tax reporting requirements for EMEA entities
- Preparation of tax workings for regulatory submissions for EMEA entities
- Promptly responding to CIT queries from stakeholders whether these are from internal (other teams), external advisers, local tax authorities, or auditors, etc.
- Coordination of CRS and FATCA compliance processes in EMEA, if required
- Ownership of non-standard tax compliance matters, such the International Movement of Capital rules, and treasury withholding tax-based compliance such as Double Tax Treaty Passports
- This role presents a unique to join a high quality, high performing in-house corporate tax function with significant exposure to complex tax compliance and reporting work, gaining valuable experience of tax laws and rules across the region
* ACA/ACCA qualified - but study support will be given
* Tax accounting and reporting experience
* Knowledge of US GAAP, FATCA or CRS is an advantage
* preferably knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management
* Competitive salary
* Excellent bonus
* Exposure to highly complex CT issues
* tax technical training on global tax issues
* Flexible working (work from home)
Please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Brewer Morris for more information
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.