Brewer Morris have been retained by a leading cryptocurrency platform to appoint a CFO to a newly created position within the organisation. Having grown rapidly over the last 2 years, the company are well positioned to tap into the incredible potential that cryptocurrency trading will bring to the Middle East Region, they approach a very exciting time in their development. The location for this role is flexible and can be based in Dubai, or remotely.
As a member of the group's senior management team, you will act as the business partner to the CEO with a key focus on growing the business without compromising on the controls & compliance. Heading up the finance function, this role is responsible for proving leadership to rapidly scaling finance teams and assumes overall responsibility for all matters relating to Finance and Accounting, Financial Strategy, Fund Raising, M&A and Treasury Management. The incumbent must also understand the intricacies of various debt and equity financing structures and tax incentives. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the CEO and senior management team in developing the strategy by providing recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities. Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Lead fundraising and VC activities, carry out capital increases and maintain investor relations
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Implement operational best practices and optimise finance process
- Qualified Accountant ( CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA) and/or Masters Degree with 10 plus years progressive experience in fast growing technology companies or start up financial services company
- Strong understanding of an online platform businesses and digitalisation, as well as a keen interest and experience in crypto-assets and financial products
- Ability to think strategically but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Outstanding commercial and strategic awareness and acumen with proven leadership capability, inspiring teams and building strong internal and external business relationships
- (no egos!)
- Proficiency in business process leadership; being able to drive project plans from planning process, implementation and communication
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.