Brewer Morris are partnering with a financial technology organisation who are entering the next phase of exciting growth plans and are now seeking to appoint a CFO. As the finance leader, you will be a trusted advisor to the CEO and the leadership team helping prepare the company for continued growth. You'll have the opportunity to build and lead your own finance team, with an emphasis on liquidity management, banking relationships, external relationships, and forecasting/planning. This role presents the opportunity to work with multiple teams such as product, engineering, operations, compliance, and legal.
- Responsible for the implementation of the financial framework, accounting and finance procedures, set up the respective local systems and controls and ensure proper regulatory reporting.
- Execute the financial strategy for the group taking a lead role on financial forecasting, budgeting and quarterly annual planning.
- Own the first line of liquidity management and partner with operations on monitoring, forecasting/planning, SOPs, and active daily liquidity management.
- Manage the relationships with existing banking partners and establish new corporate banking relationships. Execute on corporate and capital market transactions including lines of credit and new corporate bank accounts.
- Partner with Product, Operations, Compliance, and cross functional teams in support of new products and initiatives
- Improve balance sheet optimisation and assessment of key metrics and risks.
- MBA and/or professional accounting designation: CFA, CPA, ACA, ACCA
- Strong background in finance and strategy with a demonstrated understanding of regulatory frameworks and requirements related to Financial Institutions, Electronic Money etc.
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable building models, managing large amounts of data, and analysing the output to identify trends or present solutions.
- Series A / Series B / Series C fund raising experience
- 5+ years leading finance teams and managing performance.
- Experience with a start-up / high growth environment is advantageous
- Managed the financials and capital structures of a company in the financial technology space involving cross-currency transactions is highly preferred.
- Ability and comfort working independently across cross-functional internal teams and external relationships, and the ability to project manage large scale projects.
- Ability to get things done and be comfortable with ambiguity.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.