An international renewable energy business is seeking to appoint a CFO to a newly created position within the organisation. Having grown rapidly over the last 2 years and with significant funding now in place they have plans to double their market-cap in the next year as they approach a very exciting time in their development. With an reputation for excellence, a strong brand and organisational culture this is an exciting time to be joining a business which operates in one of Middle East's fastest growing industries.
You will act as the business partner to the CEO with a key focus on growing the business without compromising on the controls & compliance. Heading up the finance function, this role is responsible for the creation of a best in class finance function and assumes overall responsibility for all matters relating to Finance and Accounting, Control, Reporting and M&A. The incumbent must also understand the intricacies of various debt and equity financing structures and tax incentives.
- Support the CEO in developing the local strategy by providing recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Take overall control of the company's accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Implement operational best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Qualified Accountant ( CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA) and/or Masters Degree with 5 - 7 year's experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Ability to think strategically, but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Outstanding commercial and strategic awareness and acumen with proven leadership capability, inspiring teams and building strong internal and external business relationships
- Proficiency in business process leadership; being able to drive project plans from planning process, implementation and communication
- Experience of project financing and retail fundraising would be highly desirable
- An understanding of the renewable energy sector or comparable industry would be highly desirable
- UAE experience is essential - this is no negotiable.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.